Week 3 of my 35 day yoga challenge is officially over. And while it started off really well, it didn’t end that way. But, I was in Chicago visiting my friend Ben and fighting off the advances of a 26 foot tall woman, so it was to be expected. I’m going to do what I can this week to make up for the 3 days that I lost.
Granted, this week will be much the same as last given that I go in for my surgery on Friday. That means no yoga for me over the weekend, and possibly (probably) longer. This could be the end of my challenge. I hope not, but I have to be realistic when surgery is involved (even when I foolishly choose to believe that surgery is going to be a walk in the park and thus I’m sure to be back to yoga, running, and biking in no time flat).
So how did week 3 go? Well, it started off with a double up session on Monday to make up for one of the remaining missed classes from the week before. That meant that I was in the yoga studio on Monday for several hours; and it was awesome. By the end, I felt so bendy I probably could have bent over and kissed my own ass. Ha. Not really though. But I did feel great.
Tuesday I was a big bag of exhaustion, as the biking and double session from Monday took its toll on my body. Plus, I also had sprint training on Tuesday, so by the time I arrived at yoga I was already excessively sweaty, dehydrated, and really tired. Regardless, I pushed through. Wednesday and Thursday were both Yin styled classes, so they were just what I needed. There’s nothing like restorative yoga to treat a tired body. Well, maybe that and a nice glass of scotch – but I digress.
Overall, here is how the week stacked up.
- Monday: Moksha Level II – 75 minutes and Yin Acuball 90 minutes
- Tuesday: Moksha – 60 minutes
- Wednesday: Moksha Yin – 75 minutes
- Thursday: Yin – 90 minutes
- Friday: Chicago – lots of walking and eating.
- Saturday: Chicago – attacked by a 26 foot tall woman.
- Sunday: Chicago – running, walking, and stretching.
- Show Me Your Downward Dog; My New 35 Day Challenge (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Show Me Your Downward Dog: Week 1 (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Show Me Your Downward Dog: Week 2 (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)