So today marked the first official week of training for 2012. While the week started off well, things got messed up by mid-week. It wasn’t because I didn’t want to exercise, but because I hadn’t really factored in a social life. Crazy! In this particular case, the social life factor was actually a visit from my parents and two of my nieces. While I love running and such, I really can’t pass an opportunity to spend some time with them; especially if that time includes a sushi dinner.
But really, how’d the week go? Not too shabby to be honest. According to my trusty little spreadsheet of exercising awesomeness, I had the following goals:
- Walk 29 km
- Run 29 km
- Bike 0 km
- Yoga 480 minutes
- Walked 17.73 km (61.14%)
- Ran 28.65 km (98.79%)
- Biked 0 km
- Yoga’d 360 minutes (75%)
If I had realized I was so close to my running goal I would have put in the extra 2 minutes or so that would have been required to run 0.35 km. Clearly I should pay attention more.
Anyway, while I didn’t hit 100% in any of the activities, I still managed to put in quite a bit of work. According to the trusty and all-knowing Google, that work amounts to about 3800 Calories. Which means I can reward myself with a tasty scotch, right?
- Target Heart Rate: Your Built-in Exercise Guide (everydayhealth.com)
- Certifiably Certifiable (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Fitness Log for January 6th (365dayfitnesschallenge.wordpress.com)
- 5k Heart Rate Training & Racing Zones (the5krunner.com)
- Minimum or Resting Heart Rate and Maximum for 5k Runner (the5krunner.wordpress.com)
- Welcome to the 365 Day Fitness Challenge (365dayfitnesschallenge.wordpress.com)
- Jump Rope to Stay Fit! (fitnessaggregate.wordpress.com)
- Elliptical Training (fitnessaggregate.wordpress.com)
- Succesful Fitness Goals in 2012 (prodigefittips.wordpress.com)