The Canada Day weekend is on us, and I have to say it has started off most excellently. Most excellently indeed.
For starters, the weather has been beautiful – blue skies with just the right amount of clouds, lots of sunshine, and for me at least, hot but not too hot. I’ve managed to get to the market, have coffee with my friend Bang, go on a long walk, go biking, go running, and relax with the wee fuzzball.
And that was just today.
Yesterday – the official beginning to the Canada Day long weekend – included a farewell party of sorts for Dr. Dom. He’s leaving Guelph on Sunday for his new home of Regina. The celebration began at The Baker Street Station. Of course that meant tasty beer, tasty onion rings, and tasty chicken wings. A meal fit for kings – or in this case, four nerdly friends.
We eventually made our way to the Red Brick Cafe to enjoy the night air outside with a bottle of white wine. I can’t recall what kind of wine it was because by that point I was two-beer drunk2. Regardless, I remember it being quite tasty but I also remember having to pass off most of my glass to Dylan because I was already two-beer drunk.
Now I’m off to Jamie’s (the Jamie of the original Jamie and fuzzball team1) to sit outside in the garden, have a few drinks, and enjoy the last moments of the day. Which seems like the perfect end to a pretty fantastic day.
Oh, and in honour of Canada Day, and because William Shatner is the man, I offer you the following video (which was passed on to me by Aqleema).
Happy Canada Day weekend all y’all. And Good luck Dom in your new home. You’ll definitely be missed3.
1 You may recall that I adopted the fuzzball off of Jamie when he had to move.
2 Technically I was well past two-beer drunk, but I wasn’t counting, and really – I was drunk after two beers. Because I’m apparently a lightweight.
3 P.S. Elliot says meow. I assume that means thanks for the treats, because he pounced on them like a fat kid on Smarties.
- The Dangers Of My Bed (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Canada Day: does it mean something particular to Canadians? (vancouversun.com)
- Innis and Gunn Canada Day 2011 (flamingspork.com)
- Six sweet Canada Day recipes and where to celebrate this weekend (vancouverobserver.com)
- Punching The Voice In My Head Square In The Mouth (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Bing! Email! (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Blah Blah Suckity Blah (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Carbo Loading Is The New Gluttony (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)