A conversation occurred while Rick and I were vacationing in Hawaii. It went a little something like this:
- Me: Is it wrong that I’m already planning my next vacation even though my Hawaiian adventure isn’t over?
- Rick: No, that’s what awesome people do.
And he is right. That *IS* what awesome people do. So, having just returned home from vacation, one might think that I’d be refreshed enough to focus my attention completely on my immense pile of work. Um, you’ve met me, right? Clearly this is not the case. In fact, I have quite a list of destinations lined up this year. Some are for vacation, others are for Statistical conferences. Based on this, I can only say that I must be full of the awesome that Rick described during our Hawaiian conversation. Full of it long time and repeatedly.
Anyway, here is my list summarizing this year’s travel plans. Note that this may change at any time, and I reserve the right to append the list as I see fit. Especially if I win big money.
- New York City, New York, February 24-28, [Booked]
- Vancouver, British Columbia, May 1, BMO Vancouver Half Marathon & Visiting Beth,
- Ottawa, Ontario, May 26-29, National Capital Marathon,
- Wolfville, Nova Scotia, June 12-15, 39th Annual Meeting of the SSC,
- Calgary, Alberta, August, Climbing Moose Mountain, Skydiving, Visiting Rick, Karen & Steve, and Adam & Caity,
- Victoria, British Columbia, October 20-22, 7th Annual GEOMED Conference,
- Turkey, Hungary, Greece, Christmas in Europe with my brother Aidan.
A note to all would-be criminals: While I won’t be home during these dates, my house will be protected by a smoke monster, the wrath of khan, the force, and the power of greyskull. I suggest you turn around and find another place to burgle.