As promised, I now provide you with Pi day #2 of the Approximately Four Pi Days Of Pi-Day (with Pi day #1 reprinted for your convenience).
Remember that Pi day #3 will be released March 9 at 3:14pm, and Pi day #4 will follow on March 12 at the same time.
- On the first Pi day of Pi-Day, Euler gave to me, 1.
- On the second Pi day of Pi-Day, a Statistician gave to me, a bivariate Gaussian distribution2.
- On the first full Pi day of Pi-Day, a Physicist gave to me, three lectures on quantum physics at the P.I.3.
- On the fourth Pi day of Pi-Day, a Biologist gave to me, four Fibonacci sequences4.
- On the fifth Pi day of Pi-Day, an Artist gave to me, five Golden Ratios5.
- On the second full Pi day of Pi-Day, Gauss gave to me, the Pi function of 36.
1 e to the i pi absolute.
3 The Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics.
6 i.e., . Here , where is the Gamma Function (obviously) and is defined as:
which simplifies to if is an Integer. It also simplifies to if . w00t!
For your viewing entertainment, I offer up the East Coast version of Gangster Pi. You may recall that Dr. Beth offered up the West Coast version on World Maths Day. Clearly Dr. Beth is far more gangster than I.
UPDATE: Rick has offered his West Coast version to this interweb Pi-off. Well played Rick. Well played. He too seems far more gangster than I.