So today marks a pretty big event for Consumed By Wanderlust. Today marks the day when this blog reached 10,000 page views. That’s awesome. Clearly I have only you, the readers to
blame thank for pushing me to this milestone.
Granted, I have no idea whether or not 10,000 views of this blog in 112 days is normal. That is, I’m not sure whether or not 10,000 is to be expected after 112 days of blogging, or if this number is above or below the average. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things. But being a statistician, you have to forgive my wonderings. 🙂
Anyway, as part of the celebration I thought I would take a look at some of my blog history and traffic data. Being all nerdy and such, I present it to you in list form:
- The blog was created on January 19th, but it didn’t go ‘live’ until January 27th.
- Since then I’ve had 10, 000+ views. That’s an average of just slightly more than 83 views per day. Sweet!
- Total views in January = 477. Average per day = 37. Total posts = 11.
- Total views in February = 1909. Average per day = 68. Total posts = 28.
- Total views in March = 3313. Average per day = 107. Total posts = 34.
- Total views in April = 2532. Average per day = 84. Total posts = 29.
- Total views in May (so far) = 1756. Average per day = 96 (so far). Total posts = 15 (including this one).
- I’m averaging just slightly more than 1 blog post per day. 🙂
- The busiest day on the blog (with 216 views) was March 10. On that day I published 2 posts: It’s Shiny And New, But Is It Squee Inducing? and It’s Pi-Eve: Only One More Pi Day Until Pi-Day.
- Total blog posts = 181 (including this one). Of these 117 are new (post January 19th). The others are from an older blog of mine.
Of course the data made me wonder, why was March the busiest month? Honestly, I have no idea. I’m assuming it had something to do with the power of Pi Day (March 14th for those of you that have forgotten). Whatever the reason, I interpret this result as such: my readers are as nerdy as I am. w00t!
Anyway, here’s looking to the next 10,000 views and all of the blog posts between now and then. Hopefully I keep you somewhat entertained, perhaps provide some added nerdery to your day, and at least leave you wanting just a little bit more!