Today was the big day. And by big, I mean epic. Today was the Ottawa Marathon – my first ever marathon. And it was AWESOME! I had so much fun, even despite the aches and pains that came with running 42.2km (that’s 26.2 miles to my non-metric readers).
Since I’m a little bit tired at the moment (and by a little, I mean a lot) I will leave you with the results and some photos. I’ll provide some commentary and overall impression of the race tomorrow.
- 10km = 53:17, or 5:20 per km,
- 21.1km = 1:52:27, or 5:20 per km,
- 30km = 2:44:15, or 5:33 per km,
- 42.2km = 4:08:49, or 5:57 per km.
Needless to say, I was on pace up until about 34km when my IT bands decided they had enough. Oh well. I’ll just have to train a bit harder for September (because of course I’m doing another marathon).
- Just A Little Prick (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- You’re Probably Reading This While Comfortably In Bed, Aren’t You? Jerk (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)