I just posted a summary of my marathon (here), and almost forgot something of such importance, it would be criminal for me not to mention it.
What is so important that it requires another post? you ask.
Well, I’m not the only crazy person that decided to run an official race this weekend. And with that bit of information, it should be clear that I need to give huge congratulations to
- Matt & Monique – who both ran a 5km,
- Rick, Paul, & Shari – who all ran half marathons in Calgary,
- Sue – who ran a half marathon in Ottawa,
- Carolyn1 – who also ran a half marathon in Ottawa, and of course
- Mark – my running partner and fellow marathoner – the weekend wouldn’t have been the same without you my friend.
Awesome job folks. I’m so proud of all of you. While Matt, Monique, and Mark all got hugs at some point over the weekend, I’ll have to send a virtual hug to the rest of you. You can cash it in for the real thing when next I see you. :)
1 Cripes on a cracker – I must have hurt my brain during the run – I almost forgot to put Carolyn on this list. She’s far too awesome not to list here, and if I’m lucky, I will get to run the Toronto Marathon with her later this summer/fall. Super fail on my part. Sorry Carolyn. For this oversight, I clearly owe you a beer.
- The Idea Of Running A Marathon Makes Me A Bit Throw-Uppy (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- If This Is Posted, I Probably Didn’t Die (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)