And just like that, item #3 can be crossed off of my Not-So-Bucket-List list. Which item is that? you ask. Only that I have 3 articles published in 1 year. W00t w00t!
The best part is that I’ve completed this task sooner than required, and it was completely unintentional. That is, it only took 10 months (October 2010 through July 2011), not a year, and I really wasn’t trying to accomplish this goal. I knew it was on the list, but it wasn’t a priority.
Having finished early, this now means dear readers that there is now a good chance that I might even be able to strike item #4 off of my list as well. This of course assumes that I can get 2 more papers published within the next 2 months. A challenge for sure, but within the realm of possibility.
And here’s the extra awesome bit; I’ve already submitted a paper with my friend, colleague and fellow nerd Dr. Mandi. And I should be submitting another paper before the end of August. The likelihood of actually getting 2 more papers published in the remaining few months of this year is slim, but it’s possible. And that is good enough for me.
Anyway, for your entertainment I provide a list of the papers that have been published in the last year, followed by a list of the papers that have or will be submitted for peer review in the very near future. Here’s hoping at least 2 of them are accepted for publication before the end of September.
Accepted or published
- Uzaraga, I., Gillis, D., Gerbis, B., Holwerda, E., and Wai, E. (2011). Topical Amitriptyline, Ketamine and Lidocaine in Neuropathic Pain Caused by Radiation Skin Reaction: A Pilot Study. Supportive Care in Cancer. (accepted for publication: JSCC-D-11-00020R2)
- Lukey, J., Crawford, S., Gillis, D., and Gillespie, M. (2010). Effect of ecological uncertainty on species at risk decision-making: COSEWIC expert opinion as a case study. Animal Conservation, 14: 151-157. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-1795.2010.00421.x
- Lukey, J., Crawford, S., and Gillis, D. (2010). Effect of Information Availability on Species At Risk Decision-Making. Conservation Biology, 24(5): 1398-1406. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-1739.2010.01555.x
Submitted (or about to be submitted)
- Martyn, A.C., Choleris, E., Gillis, D., Armstrong, J.N., Turner, P.V., Liang, G., Cai, K., and Lu, R. (submitted May 2011). Luman/CREB3 Recruitment Factor (LRF) Deficiency Affects the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis and Prolactin-Mediated Maternal Responsiveness. PLoS Biology.
- Gillis, D., Desmond, T., Holt, J. (to be submitted August 2011). Multivariate Spatial Poisson Mixtures. The Journal of Spatial and Spatio-temporal Epidemiology.
In the works
- Gillis, D., Krsic, N. Evaluation of Sampling Methods Used for the Estimation of Proportion-at-Age in Fish Stock Risk Assessment Using an Individual Based Model. To be submitted to Ecological Modelling.
- Gillis, D., Gillespie, M. A Multivariate Spatial Poisson Mixtures: An R Package. To be submitted to The R Journal.
- Gillis, D., Desmond, T., Holt, J., Gillespie, M. Climate Factors Affecting Gastrointestinal Disease Incidence in the Province of Alberta, Canada. To be submitted to The International Journal of Health Geographics.
- Crawford, S., Gillis, D., Cheghano, M., Angevaare, J. Principles of Population Modelling. To be submitted to Ecological Applications.