At some point today (or perhaps early tomorrow) we will be able to officially mark the half-way point of Dr. Beth’s epic 10+ day challenge to complete the longest ever continuous game of hockey. For those who might have forgotten, the entire game is being played to raise awareness and money to support research to treat and ultimately cure Cystic Fibrosis. In honour of such an amazing accomplishment, I promise to raise a glass of something booze-y this eve. These are the things that I’m willing to do for Dr. Beth.
Anyway, Dr. Beth had asked that people come down to visit and support her and the team while they are playing. It’s a way to keep the teams’ spirits up, because the task-at-hand is clearly a gruelling one – in mind, body, and spirit. However, since I can’t make it there myself (what with the several thousand kilometre commute that would be required), I thought I would try to come up with a list of slogans that could be proudly displayed in some for of poster goodness. So here you go Dr. Beth; several slogans just for you. Keep up the most awesome work!
- CHUCK NORRIS NEVER COMPLETED A 242+ HOUR LONG GAME OF HOCKEY
- PUCK CYSTIC FIBROSIS
- CYSTIC FIBROSIS CAN SUCK MY DEKE
- YOUR BODY WILL FORGIVE YOU EVENTUALLY
- YOUR BODY WILL FEEL BETTER WHEN IT STOPS HURTING
- JUST THINK HOW EASY A REGULAR GAME OF HOCKEY WILL FEEL NOW
- THIS IS JUST A REGULAR GAME OF HOCKEY WITH A 241 HOUR WARM-UP
And don’t forget; if you haven’t donated you can do so by clicking the link on the right side of this page. And feel free to pass on this post so that the word gets out about the need to fund Cystic Fibrosis research.
- The Puck Drops Right Now (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Beth Comes To Town (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Less Than A Month To Go! (nottobetrustedwithknives.com)
- Day 4 – Everything Is Opposite #lg4cf (nottobetrustedwithknives.com)
- Non-Mom Related Confirmation That I Am A Winner (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)