Today marked run number 7 since my return to the world-o-running. Seven runs in 15 days. For those keeping track, the runs include:
– November 1: 3.73 kilometers in 20:00 minutes, 5:22 pace, 286 Calories,
– November 3: 5.03 kilometers in 25:55 minutes, 5:09 pace, 388 Calories,
– November 5: 7.02 kilometers in 33:00 minutes, 4:42 pace, 555 Calories,
– November 8: 5.10 kilometers in 25:00 minutes, 4:54 pace, 400 Calories,
– November 10: 5.28 kilometers in 25:00 minutes, 4:44 pace, 417 Calories,
– November 12: 5.35 kilometers in 25:00 minutes, 4:40 pace, 423 Calories, &
– November 15: 5.29 kilometers in 23:00 minutes, 4:21 pace, 405 Calories.
That gives me a total of 36.70 kilometers over 7 runs (about 5.24 km per run). In case you hadn’t noticed, that’s only 5.5 km off of a marathon. Not that I’m thinking about running a marathon any time soon, but still it is something on my mind. In fact, I have May in mind for my first marathon of 2012. My first of three marathons in 2012, if all goes well.
Getting back to the current running situation – I managed to run the entire 36.70 kilometers in 176 minutes 55 seconds. That means that I averaged a pace slightly less than 4 minutes 50 seconds per kilometer. While this is still off my target pace of 4 minutes per kilometer, I have to say I’m pretty stoked with the results so far.
Even better, I’ve managed to cut my initial return-to-running pace from November 1 by just over 1 minute. I realize that I won’t be able to sustain this type of improvement, but it does give me hope that I’ll be able to break the 20 minute 5 km goal that I’ve had on my Not-So-Bucket-List since sometime in the summer.
Based on tonight’s pace, my 5km would have been finished in about 21 minutes and 45 seconds. And that’s not too shabby. Hopefully this means I’ll be crossing item #222 from my Not-So-Bucket-List in the very near future.
- Embracing Exhaustion: It’s What Mileage Whores Do – Follow Up (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Tomorrow You May Be Eaten – Words To Live By (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- So Close Yet So Far… (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Indoor Workouts For a Rainy Day: How to Burn 300 Calories (fitsugar.com)
- Makau breaks world record in Berlin Marathon (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Embracing Exhaustion: It’s What Mileage Whores Do (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)