Around 3pm today, I jumped into an airport limo with Dr. Steph and Dr. Gerarda, and we started our journey towards Pearson. Our ultimate destination: New York City.
This will be about the eleventy-billionth time that I’ve visited the Big Apple; my second time with Steph, my fourth time with Gerarda. Despite the number of times that I’ve been to this city, I can say without any hesitation that it continues to surprise and amaze me. There are just so many things to see and do here.
Of course, before we even made it to NYC, we had to make the requisite stop at the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge; also known as the Super Happy Fun Time Lounge. There we may have sampled such things as nachos and salsa, cookies and chips, beer and wine, port and scotch, and scotch and scotch. An awesome start to what will no doubt be an awesome trip.
The flight was great and it seemed to fly by rather quick; pun completely intended. Ha. I kill me. During the flight, I was super stoked to find that The Nightmare Before Christmas was being offered on the in flight entertainment system. I love this movie, so watching it wasn’t even a question.
After landing, making our way to our hotel (On The Avenue – on 77th for those curious), checking in, and such, we ventured to the nearby Amsterdam Pub – on Amsterdam Ave. A nice little pub, with great food and a collection of beer from around the world. I decided to sample the onion rings and a beer called something something double dead guy. I don’t remember the first part of the name, hence the something something. The lack of memory might have to do with the fact that I drank 2 pints of said something something double dead guy. Clearly, my verdict on that particular beer was delicious.
Now it’s time for sleep. But New York, be warned; the Doctors are in you.
- Dear New York: The Doctors Are Coming For You (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Bonjour Montreal (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Going To Sleep In My Forever Box (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Thank You Mr. Oxycodone (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- A Not-So-Bucket-List Review (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Dear Victoria, The Doctors Are In You (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Très Bien Montréal. Très Very Bien. (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- A Perfect Trip-iversary (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)