Happy Robbie Burns Day all y’all.
I have a confession to make. If not for a random Tweet that I read earlier today, I would have completely forgotten it was Robbie Burns Day.
Me – a lover of all things scotchy and delicious forgetting Robbie Burns Day? The day that people ’round the world celebrate Scotland‘s Favourite Son. Sacrilegious at best. Unforgivable at worst.
But don’t worry folks, I’m disgusted with me too. In fact, I’ve decided for being so forgetful about such an important night on which to have an excuse to drink scotch (Does one really need an excuse? I’d suggest no.) that I should be punished somehow. Fortunately for me, I’m not much of a disciplinarian. As such, I’ve determined the only punishment fitting this crime is a glass of scotch. Which also serves the function of being a celebratory glass of scotch given that it is Robbie Burns day.
Hmmm, I’m clearly efficient, what with my dual purpose glass of scotch. So efficient, that I should probably reward myself with another glass of scotch.
I really love how my mind works sometimes.
- Happy Birthday Mr Robert Burns (femaleimagination.wordpress.com)
- Burns Day Scottish Poetry Special (elizabethwillse.com)
- Scotchy Scotchy Scotch (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- You Know You’re in Scotland When You’re Singing to Haggis: Burns Night! (lanternhollow.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Oatmeal 1/2 and 1/2 Scotchies! (jackielopina.wordpress.com)
- Robert Burns on Poverty (burdzeyeview.wordpress.com)