And after just over an hour outside running in the light snow, to no snow, to holy crapshite it’s absolutely freezing out here and I think my eyeballs are frozen because I can’t see anything anymore, I’m back home. And after stretching and enjoying a very hot coffee, I think my parts are finally warming back up.
Anyway, that run was fantastic. Despite the slush and the salt and the snow and the ice and all the various combinations, I managed to finish my week strong – with a 13.04 km run at an average pace of 5 minutes 33 seconds. Additionally, I didn’t feel knackered at any point during the run. I felt strong and consistent, and that’s how I’m hoping to be come marathon day in May.
Beside the run, today was filled with rather typical chores: laundry, cleaning, groceries, etc. I also braved the mall in order to pick up the Adele Live at Royal Albert Hall DVD, and to purchase my January bottle of scotch (so as to begin the challenge that is item #251 on my Not-So-Bucket-List list).
I’m stoked about the DVD. I love Adele’s music and haven’t grown tired of her albums yet (something that I tend to do when I repeatedly listen to the same thing over and over). I’ve embedded a preview of the DVD. Trust me, if you are a fan, you want to own this DVD. It’s freaking amazing. I so wish I was able to go to that concert. Ah well, the DVD is still pretty awesome.
As for my scotch, I picked up a ~$50 bottle this time. It’s a new scotch – well, at least new to me. I haven’t tried it yet so I’ve no idea what it’s going to be like. It’s a 10-year-old single malt scotch, from the Isle of Jura. Hence, it’s simply called Jura. Specifically, Jura Origin. The box informs me that it is light and delicate with a warming honey finish. It also informs me that
this beguiling spirit has a lingering taste of warming gentle oak, notes of honey and caramel, soft liquorice and roasted coffee beans.
Finally, it also tells me that it should be leisurely savoured. Done and done!
Anyway, that’s all for now. I’m off to meet up with some friends for dinner. Because my Saturday is only just getting started.
Update: For those curious, the box did not lie. Honey – check. Caramel – check. Warming – check. And I am absolutely pleasantly surprised to say: Coffee – check. Verdict – I approve of this scotch.
- Scotchy Scotchy Scotch (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- It’s All About Coffee Enjoyment: Jura IMPRESSA J9 One Touch TFT (prnewswire.com)
- A weekend to buy whisky (thefrugalcook.blogspot.com)
- How to Drink… Scotch (esquire.com)
- Adele does it again (muzicmagazine.com)
- Get schooled on Scotch for Robbie Burns Day (life.nationalpost.com)
- Everything You Need to Love Scotch (esquire.com)
- I do so love the whisky. (ask.metafilter.com)
- WATCH: Adele May Be Down, But She Ain’t Out (queerty.com)
- Adele Named One of Richest in UK, Still Gets Lonely + Preview Her Live DVD (fresh1027.radio.com)
- Adele Previews Concert DVD as ‘Glee’ Mashes Up ‘Rumour Has It’ and ‘Someone Like You’: VIDEOS (towleroad.com)
- Adele: Live at the Royal Albert Hall [DVD] (Review) (popmatters.com)
- I’m Not What You’d Call The Brightest Bulb (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Joy-Filled Vision-Water (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)