Holy crapshite – how is Sunday almost over?
My goal today was to check off a bunch of things on my to do list, but sadly I don’t think I’ve completed nearly as much as I would have liked to. Ultimately I wanted to start Monday with fewer things on my list so that the week would be a bit easier. Additionally, I had a brainstorm the other day and I’m very antsy to get started on a new simulation study. Seriously, every time I think of this particular idea I have a bit of a nerd-gasm.
Sadly, my list is still going to be mammoth come Monday morning. To be perfectly honest, I don’t think my list really had a chance of being reduced this weekend. Not when you consider that I had to run 9+ km yesterday in order to stay on track with marathon training (a total of 54.07 km for the week – w00t). And of course, one also needs to have some sort of social life such as going to dinner with Jamie, having breakfast with Manon, heading to Solutions with Jasper and Liz, and scratching one lazy cat’s belly.
It’s a rough job, but someone has to do it.
A quick note: the shopping excursion to Solutions in Cambridge – a paradise for those that want to organize anything and everything in their life – with Jasper and Liz was very much impromptu (although Jasper did catch it on film – of course – embedded below for your viewing pleasure). It came about after learning that Jasper had just purchased an inversion table. Clearly, once I learned of this table I had to try it. Jasper being Jasper (read awesome) invited me over for a spin. For those not in the know, an inversion table allows the user to strap themselves in by the ankles and hang upside down. The theory being that it helps to decompress the spine and relax the muscles around the spine. I won’t lie, it was a lot of fun.
Anyway, since I returned home from my shopping excursion and inversion, I’ve managed to read a Ph.D. proposal (including drafting what I hope are several solid questions that will at once put the student at ease but also challenge their understanding of the subject), organize my files, set up a draft template slide presentation for a 3-day course that I’m giving at the Public Health Agency of Canada in February (with the help of Mr. Rick), posted on my other blog, and am now trying to determine if I should
- work on notes for my 2nd year class,
- finish an analysis for a colleague,
- work on an analysis for a paper,
- edit one of two papers that I had hoped to edit this weekend,
- read a 2nd Ph.D. proposal,
- set up an assignment for my 2nd year class,
- mark an assignment for my 2nd year class,
- scour the interwebs for a rich data set for use with the Public Health Agency training, or
- scratch Elliot’s belly.
- Fridays With Elliot (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Going To Sleep In My Forever Box (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Family, Nerds, And Gigantor-Jesus: It Must Be Christmas (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Twelve Trips, Twelve Months (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- And The Winners Are… (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Mobius Transformation Video (mrhonner.com)