One more week until mini-vacation number 1 for 2012. I. Am. Stoked. Also,
While I know that vacation is only a week away, the next 6 days are going to be intense. But all in a very good way, of course.
Tomorrow is pretty much the same-old, same old. Marking assignments, writing papers, meetings, meetings, meetings, and then, oh yeah, more meetings.
But Saturday – that’s when things start to get crazy. I need to begin my day by running a half marathon – all part of my ongoing marathon training. I also need to prep for three full days of course material that I will be presenting to a group of nerdly government officials at the Public Health Agency of Canada between Monday and Wednesday. I also need to finish edits on two papers so that I can get them submitted before the end of the semester for peer review (thus hopefully convincing the powers-that-be that I am worthy of further paycheques). And I also need to take some time to mark assignments, prep lectures, and build a midterm. Yes – this weekend is going to be anything but restful.
And yet, all I can think about is next Thursday and hanging with Rick; vegging, eating, grabbing coffees, hiking, eating again, dinner, drinks, ice climbing, bobsledding, eating some more, and anything else that we determine warrants our time and attention.
The next few days are going to be insane, but the payoff is going to be more than worth it.
- Captain Obvious Says: It Was Cold Outside Today (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- The Shenanigan Filled Adventuring Continues (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Inversion Excursion (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- How Many Steps Back Does One Take For Being An Asshat? (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Fridays With Elliot (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Because Ice Climbing Isn’t Adventurous Enough (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Vacation Starts Now (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)