Today is February 21, 2012. Or in the DD/MM/YYYY format 21/02/2012. If we remove those pesky slashes, what are we left with: 21022012 – a palindrome date! A palindate if you will.
Want to know something else crazy cool about today?
Of course you do.
Today is the 52nd day of the year. That on its own isn’t entirely noteworthy, except to say that you could have flipped over 1 card in a regulation deck of cards per day since January 1st and only now would have revealed the entire set. I digress. Since today is the 52nd day of the year, this means there are 313 days remaining in a regulation year (52+313=365). But, dear readers, since you’ll recall that 2012 is a leap year we actually have 314 days remaining in the year. And if you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you’ll know that 314 is approximately 100, and I do love .
So, I’m celebrating today’s palindate-iness with the following pi(e)-lindrome (ha, I crack me up):
I may also be celebrating with pie. And a scotch.
That is all.
- Thirty Days has September! (blackfirs3and4.wordpress.com)
- The begining of 2012 – a leap year (36ixty6.wordpress.com)
- Fifty Two Love Notes: Week One (bloggingeverafter.wordpress.com)
- 2012 Is Different (weatherby.net)
- 11022011 (mrhonner.com)
- For Your Maths Teachers: What’s Special About This Number? [Website] (edugeek.net)
- Right now it’s 11/11/11 11:11:11 [OTBA] (jalopnik.com)
- 11:11:11 on 11/11/11 – happy palindrome o’clock (guardian.co.uk)