And with that dear friends, we find ourselves at the end of another weekend.
And what a great weekend it was: a birthday potluck on Friday, gastronomic adventures with friends in Toronto on Saturday, a Sunday that began with Nerd Caucus at Angel’s Diner, and a Sunday that is ending with a scotch on the couch, and a very snuggly Elliot curled up on my lap while I read through a draft paper and make notes on an upcoming Masters defence.
In between the start of my Sunday and the end of my Sunday, there was also much scrubbing and laundering and cleaning, and a most excellent movie night with Dr. Julie and Dr. Mark1.
Yup, not a bad weekend at all.
I think my favourite part to the end of my Sunday is that as I sit here sipping my scotch and reading about the The Seasonal Distribution of Bloater (Coregonus hoyi)2 and Knowledge Acquisition‘s Effects On Knowledge Base Quality3, I know that my laundry is done, the dishes have been cleaned and put away, the carpets have been vacuumed, and the once not-so-shiny parts of my home are now sparkly and almost new. For whatever reason this makes me feel quite relaxed and content.
Of course, I do have a huge list of things to do this week but really, none of that matters right now. I’m just going to enjoy my Sunday night and leave the list for tomorrow. Because for the time being there are more pressing issues at hand – namely a cat that demands his belly be scratched, and a scotch that demands to be savoured. And, although I had almost forgotten, there are also Godiva chocolates that are begging to be eaten. Clearly I can’t ignore their cries.
Anyway folks, that’s all for me for tonight. I hope your weekends were just as relaxing and fulfilling as mine, if not more-so.
1 Our Movie du jour – So I Married An Axe Murderer.
2 Okay, I’m not exactly reading this entire paper. Just the section where the statistical methods are dropped. Because that’s how I roll.
3 I am reading all of this. Just not all tonight.
For those who haven’t seen So I Married An Axe Murderer – you should. It’s hilarious. Take for example the following clip:
- Fuzzball – One Year Later (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Toronto’ing (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Scotchy Scotchy Scotch (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Family, Nerds, And Gigantor-Jesus: It Must Be Christmas (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Where’s The Cake? (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- 3 Steps Related to Knowledge (shaykh.wordpress.com)
- Great Scotch! Manchester’s take on the Scotch egg has become a snack sensation (forevereggsploring.com)
- I Am A Spoiled Bastard (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- A Pinochle Of Nerds Set Loose In Toronto (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)