Today I added another half marathon notch to my belt. Woohoo.
The day started off early with a bowl of oatmeal, natural peanut butter, and honey, plus a coffee (it wouldn’t really be breakfast if it didn’t include a coffee). Oh, and snuggling with Elliot. He really is a snuggle whore – not that I’m complaining.
Afterwards, I got my running gear together and jumped into the chillier than expected Saturday morning air. I’m not sure what I was expecting temperature-wise, but the chill I felt was not it. Thankfully, after a rather lead-filled-legs first five kilometers, I warmed up.
I met my friend Mel downtown, and we proceeded to run 5km out towards Guelph Lake, before turning around for home. It was a great run, and it was nice to spend it with Mel. She’s pretty damn awesome.
My pace was slower than normal on purpose. I figured I shouldn’t push it too much, given that the 30k race was last weekend. Also, I really wasn’t feeling the need for speed, despite my sunglasses – which clearly speak to the opposite.
Anyway, that’s about it for today. I’m currently on the road to Simcoe to get together with my family to celebrate my Dad’s 70th birthday.
Translation – I’m about to get together with the family for what will no doubt be a night of indulging in excellent food, excellent wine, tasty scotch, and plenty of laughter.
A pretty good way to spend a Saturday if you ask me.
- Captain Obvious Says: It Was Cold Outside Today (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- First Half-Marathon…..Check! (henryruns.wordpress.com)
- Going Longer! (groupon.co.uk)
- 52 Weeks, 52 Runs. No. 13: Motor-vation (strideandjoy.com)
- Today I Run (thesassygroup.wordpress.com)
- Beginners’ Marathon Training Schedule, Tips for Full or Half Marathons (webmd.com)