Today is the big day! Today I run 42.2 kilometres in the Toronto Goodlife Marathon. In fact, if it’s after 7:30am when you’re reading this, I’m already running. Eep!
This marathon marks the first of three that I have planned to complete this year. To say that I’m nervous and excited and just a little bit throw-uppy would be a huge understatement. But the anticipation and nervousness and throw-uppy feelings are all a part of the experience. Perhaps one day, after running so many marathons, I won’t feel this way anymore. Or perhaps this will always be a part of my morning routine before attempting to run a ridiculously long distance.
All I know right now is that I have 42.2 kilometres ahead of me, and I’m going to try to enjoy every single one of them. I’m going to remember that I’ve trained for this. I’m going to remember that I’ve done this before. I’m going to remember that I’m strong enough. And I’m going to remember there are a lot of people cheering me on.
I’m also going to remember not to shit myself, because that would just be embarrassing.😉
As was the case for my previous races, and if you are interested in following along, here is a link to the live race. The marathon starts at 7:30am. My goal is a 5 minute 35 second pace (or better). That means I should be at the 10km point by 8:26am, the half way point (21.1km) by 9:28am, the 30km point by 10:18am, and finished by 11:24am.
I’ve got this.
P.S.S. Good luck to anyone else running today. Crush it! Crush it I says.
- Feeling Pumped Up And Throw-Uppy – Is That Legal? (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- I’ve Got That Throw-Uppy Feeling Again (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Eep! (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- 84.4 Is Going To Be Awesome (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Chasing Deliciousness (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Suck It Up Princess (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- My next marathon (depressionmarathon.blogspot.com)
- Getting Ready to Run a Marathon (everydayhealth.com)