I think I might throw up.
But in a good way.
I just did something really, really, really awesome. Or perhaps really, really, really stupid. Only time will tell.
What have you done now, Gillis?
Well, dear readers, I’ve gone and registered myself for the Goofy Marathon and a Half – scheduled for the weekend of January 10-13, 2013. This means that I’ll be running the Donald Duck Half Marathon on Saturday January 12, 2013, and the Mickey Mouse Full Marathon on Sunday January 13, 2013. That’s 63.3 kilometres of running insanity over the course of two days.
Fortunately I’m not alone in my insanity. My friend Mark – who ran the Ottawa Marathon with me this year and last, and who is also running the Toronto Waterfront Marathon with me in October – has agreed to be Goofy too. Because clearly he’s awesome. Or insane.
As I wrote in a text to him earlier:
We are effing insane. I love it.
I may also have written:
I think I’m going to throw up from the awesomeness of this.
I just hope I don’t throw up during the run. Actually, that’s the least of my concerns. I’ll consider myself successful if I can get through both races without collapsing into a giant puddle of goo. Okay, in all honesty, I’ll consider myself successful if I can finish both races without collapsing into a giant puddle of goo and if I do so without shitting myself.
Aim high, right?
- I’m Considering Something Stupid (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Take Two Starts Now (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Goofy or just plain crazy? (momslittlejugglingact.wordpress.com)
- Two Out Of Three Ain’t Bad (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- I Wanna Run (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Oh Right, There’s Still That Thing That I Need To Do (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- I’ve Got The Runs (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- A Potential Derailing (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- So. Freaking. Amazing. (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- A New Goal (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)