This post is likely going to be short because my everything is tired. In fact, my everything’s everything is tired. I had no idea that was possible.
The day started really early – the alarm went off at 4:45. I would suggest that a wake up of 4:45 in the morning while on vacation is evil, but there was a really good reason for our early rising time. That reason – conquering Cascade Mountain.
And conquer we did. The day was long but amazing. Over ten hours of hiking across about 16.5 km of stunning natural beauty, and with an elevation gain of about 1300 metres. Insane!
Three other people joined out adventure: Jason our guide from Yamnuska, Natalie our nature expert from Parks Canada, and Jeff from Banff Lake Louise Tourism. The trek wouldn’t have been the same without them. We had a blast, and shared a lot of laughs and a lot of the natural beauty and wildlife that Banff and Lake Louise have to offer.
Anyway, the adventure was incredible but I am spent. I’ll post more tomorrow after our spa day and massage (graciously provided by Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel). That’s right – tomorrow is spa day and massage day. And we can’t wait for it.
- Thank You Thank You Thank You (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- I Can’t Freaking Wait (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- The Word Of The Day Is Spoiled (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- More Stoked Than Stoked (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Is It Monday Yet? (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Details (fairmont.com)
- Last Call (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- 26762 Reasons To Smile (danielgillis.wordpress.com)
- Banff National Park’s $25,000 Big Mountain Challenge Winner Passes Torch to Runner-Up (sacbee.com)
- Unfreaking Believable (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)