If – and this is a big, huge, super bolded, underlined, and italicized if – the weather is good and the Fates are on our side, Rick, our friend Paul, and I are currently beginning our ascent up Mount Temple.
You read that correctly folks.
Of course, you may be wondering how all of this came to be, especially if you recall that Rick and I were thwarted in our previous attempt to climb the 11624 feet (3543 metres) of monolithic rock needed to reach the summit of Mount Temple because of a law about bears.
To put it simply, Banff Lake Louise Tourism is awesome. Since we weren’t able to climb the summit on Friday as initially planned (due to the fact that we were a group of three and not a group of the requisite four hikers), they have gone out of their way to make sure that we were able to do this hike. Jeff – the Banff Lake Louise Tourism official who joined us on our climb up Cascade Mountain – spent most of Friday and Saturday trying to organize this climb for us. I’m sure this was no easy task, and both Rick and I are so thrilled to be able to do this. So a huge thank you to Banff Lake Louise Tourism, and an extra big thanks to Jeff. You guys rock!
Anyway, if we do manage to summit Mount Temple (the weather is always a factor), and we also summit Sulphur Mountain on Monday, Rick and I will have managed to climb five mountains over the course of this Big Mountain Challenge.
That is freaking awesome on a level that I can’t even begin to describe.
- Grizzlies – Smarter Than Your Average Bear (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Unfreaking Believable (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Thank You Thank You Thank You (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Is It Monday Yet? (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Last Call (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- I Can’t Freaking Wait (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- 26762 Reasons To Smile (danielgillis.wordpress.com)
- Calgary man wins contest to climb three mountains (metronews.ca)