The next two weeks are going to be insane. You see, dear readers, for whatever reason I have an incredible knack when it comes to taking on multiple projects that all seem to have the same deadline1.
Because why have one thing due on a day when I can have 20 things due on a day?
Next week appears to be a perfect example of an everything-due-at-once week. It’s not that I went into my projects thinking that this would be a good idea. Likely I didn’t even notice the overlap, or I probably noticed two things overlapping but had forgotten about the eleventy-billion other things that might also overlap.
By the end of next week I need to
- review and provide comments on two journal submissions,
- edit and resubmit one of my papers,
- edit and submit my NSERC grant application,
- finalize a major report related to an environmental risk assessment,
- present my research findings to a sponsor group,
- provide expert2 opinion on an environmental program, and
- provide a demonstration of a prototype to a client.
I’m sure there are other things that are due next week as well, but my brain is swimming and I am having one of those moments where focus has been replaced by fog.
Normally I’d fight through the fog. Not tonight. Instead I’m choosing to ignore the things I should be thinking about, and instead I’m thinking about my upcoming adventure.
Adventure! More adventure? Didn’t you just finish some sort of adventure?
Probably. I don’t remember things – that’s why I write them down here.
So what exactly am I doing this time? Well, I’m über excited because I’m going to be taking on the CN Tower Edge Walk once again; this time with my friends Dr. Beth, Nancy, and Jeff. If all goes well, I’ll be able to try out some new moves while leaning over the edge. If all doesn’t go well, I’ll be the reason that the CN Tower Edge Walk tour will suddenly require diapers.
Anyway, I’ll leave you with that lovely picture. Ha. Not really though. Instead I’m going to leave you with some of the images from my first Edge Walk adventure (see below). These are never before seen images3. Because I haven’t posted them here yet4. Because I’m lazy5.
1 Or in this case, deadlines that cluster around one particular date.
2 I always giggle a bit when expert is associated with my name, unless expert is used to describe my ability to get up to no-good, shananigan, or adventure, cuz I’m a wicked awesome expert at those things.
3 I think.
4 Or maybe I have.
5 Or maybe I’m not.
- Morbid Curiosity (danielgillis.wordpress.com)
- Video Evidence (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- The Edge Walk (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- OMG I’m doing the CN Tower #EDGEWALK! (thatmomblog.com)
- Thrill-seeking WWII veteran walks the edge of Toronto’s CN Tower (toronto.ctvnews.ca)