Yesterday I received an email from Rick. This isn’t out of the ordinary in any way, shape, or form. We email each other relatively frequently, mainly because we enjoy throwing insults at each other at random moments throughout the day.
For example, I like to remind Rick that he is ugly (ZING!), even though he isn’t. It keeps him grounded. Ha!
But more importantly, we both love challenges, travel, shenanigans, and adventures. And if we can combine those into one epic excursion, even better.
So when Rick sent me this link to the list of Canada’s most scenic marathons (as voted on by people who ran them) and suggested I add it to my list of things to do, my first thought was Hells ya. My second thought was I’ll be able to kill two birds with one stone because I’ll be able to complete this challenge while also being able to knock off the visit all Canadian provinces and territories challenge in the process. Talk about being efficient. And I’m nothing if not efficient.
And so dear readers, I am announcing my newest challenge, and the shiniest new item on my Not-So-Bucket-List list (item #291): I will run at least one marathon in each of the Canadian provinces or territories over the next 5 years. I’m actually hoping to be able to cross this off my list in 3 years, but I figure I should give myself some wiggle room.
Everyone deserves a little wiggle room.
Potential Marathon List:
- Alberta – Woody’s Red Deer Marathon – http://reddeermarathon.org/ – May
- British Columbia – Mt. Robson Marathon – http://www.mountrobsonmarathon.ca/ – September
- Manitoba – Treherne Marathon – http://www.events.runningroom.com/site/?raceId=7508 – September
- Newfoundland – Labrador Trapline Marathon – http://www.traplinemarathon.ca/home/blog.php – October
- New Brunswick – Fredericton Marathon – http://www.frederictonmarathon.ca/ – May
- Nova Scotia – Blue Nose Marathon – http://www.bluenosemarathon.com/en/ – May
- Northwest Territories – Yellowknife Marathon – http://www.marathonguide.com/races/racedetails.cfm?MIDD=528120812 – August
- Nunavet – Northwest Passage Marathon – http://arcticwatch.ca/arctic-adventures/northwest-passage-marathon – July
- Ontario – Niagara Falls Marathon – http://niagarafallsmarathon.com/ – October
- Prince Edward Island – PEI Marathon – http://www.peimarathon.ca/ – October
- Quebec – Quebec City Marathon – http://www.marathonquebec.com/sites/marathon-en.html – August
- Saskatchewan – Regina Queen City Marathon – http://www.runqcm.com/ – September
- Yukon – Yukon River Trail Marathon – http://www.yukonmarathon.com/ – August
- What is the top attraction in each Canadian province? (lfpress.com)
- Ultimate Life Bucket List (teacher-preneur.com)