Being a man who likes lists, it should probably come as no surprise that I’ve decided to set up a list of things1 I’d like to accomplish in 2013.
Some of the goals are on the list because I didn’t quite meet them in 2012.
Some of the goals are exactly the same as other goals I set in 20122.
Some of the goals extend my successes from previous years.
And some of the goals – well – some of the goals are just crazy new adventures that my brain put together and now I
want need to attempt.
So, without further ado, I present to you my glorious list of crazy adventures, goals, and other such action items for 2013:
- Run 1610 km (1000 miles)
- Walk 1610 km (1000 miles)
- Bike 1610 km (1000 miles)
- Enter and run 12 races
- Run at least 12 half marathons (or greater)
- Run at least 3 marathons
- Visit New York City at least once
- Publish 1 post per week on my professor blog
- Compete in the Tough Mudder
- Submit at least 5 papers to peer reviewed journals
- Continue to build my scotch collection (with at least 6 new bottles in 2013)
- Install hardwood flooring in my bedrooms
- Paint the bedrooms and bathroom
- Cook or bake at least 12 new things
- Run at least 1 marathon in a province (or territory) other than Ontario
- Drink more water
- Stretch more
- Conquer Temple Mountain
- Do the CN Tower climb – sub 16 minutes
- Do the CN Tower Edge Walk again
- Skydive again
- Travel to Ottawa to visit Matt
- Travel to Calgary to visit Rick
- Travel to Vancouver to visit Beth
- Go Bungee jumping
- Get more sleep (> 5 hrs 36 mins per night – my current average)
- Epic bike ride with Mel
Of course, this list is a draft and clearly open to additions – so feel free to suggest any and all crazy adventures you can think of that you think I’d be interested in.
And a note to 2013: you’re going to be awesome.
1 Note: these are goals, not resolutions. I don’t make resolutions because I will almost always break my resolutions. It’s a thing I do.
2 Because why do something once when you can do it twice?
- 2013 Another Year of Extraordinary Goals! (sportilori.com)
- Tough Mudder (currentbody.com)
- Starting 2013 Goals early (alisueonthemove.wordpress.com)
- gooooooooooal(s)! for 2013 (irunwithit.wordpress.com)
- My Running Bucket List and More for 2013 and Beyond (runfindyourhappypace.com)
- Un-impossible (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)