And so it begins.
Today I registered for my first 2 races of the 2013 running season. Actually, I guess the Donald Duck half marathon and the Mickey Mouse full marathon are part of the 2013 race season, but I’m not counting them exactly.
The first race – at least according to my current race schedule – occurs March 24, 2013. Once again I’m going to take on the Hamilton 30km Around the Bay. I’m looking forward to this particular challenge again given last year’s epic fueling failure. If you remember, I managed to eat only half a granola bar last year, ultimately leading to hitting the wall around the 26km marker. Not my smartest move.
The second race will be the GoodLife Toronto Marathon on May 5, 2013. I thoroughly enjoyed running this race last year and am going to see if I can’t best last year’s time. Fortunately I have a lot of time to train between now and race day to improve my chances of making that happen.
I’m also probably going to be signing up for the Chocolate Run again, as well as the Yonge Street 10km race.
Oh, and just for an extra challenge, I think I’m going to join my friend Carolyn when she runs the Niagara 50km Ultra-Marathon. Because really, what’s another 7.8 km when you’ve already run 42.2?
I may actually be insane. W00t!
- Un-impossible (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- One Week To Go (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Disney World Marathon 2013 race recap (therunningspeechie.com)
- Crush The Duck (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- RIP Goofy (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- The Future Is Shiny And New (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)