At the end of last year I came close to completing my goal of running 1000 km in 12 months. As can be expected, close didn’t sit well with me. In fact, it left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.
Fast forward to now – and might I add holy hell, how is January over already? – and things seem to be back on track. You see dear readers, not being one to rest on my laurels I have once again issued myself the challenge to run 1000 km in a 365 day period. And because I’m all about one-upping myself – even in situations where the thing I am one-upping hasn’t even been crossed off my list thereby making it one-uppable – I have also upped that challenge to attempt to run 1610 km (1000 miles) in 12 months.
But first thing’s first. One thousand kilometres – I’m after you.
What’s my tally so far? Well, if I include the month of December – which I’m going to because it’s my game and I make the rules – also because I get to capture the awesome mileage that went into training for the Goofy Race – I have already managed to cross off 352 km. That’s slightly more than 35% of my 1000 km goal in 2 months.
Not too bad, if I do say so myself.
Given that I have the 30 km Around the Bay, the Toronto GoodLife Marathon, and the Niagara 50 km Ultra Marathon coming up, I think – I hope – I’ll easily be able to knock the 1000 km running challenge off of my list. Which means I’ll have set myself up to attempt the one-upping challenge of 1610 km in 12 months. Because really, why would I stop at 1000 when I can go for 1610 km?
Wish me luck.
- Rest For The Wicked (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- What’s Next? (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Official Goofy Certification (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Un-impossible (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Lonely Treadmill (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- The Sixth Element (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Crushed Duck (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)