I celebrated my 39th birthday yesterday. That’s 14,246 days (including leap years and today) or roughly 1 billion 230 million 854 thousand 400 seconds on this big blue planet (for those of you who were counting).
So what does this mean? Really not much. Thirty-nine is just another number. I don’t feel any different from what I did at 38. Perhaps I look slightly older, but given that I was ID’d when I ordered a beer when I was in Owen Sound yesterday I think I’m doing alright.
But, 39 also means that I’m in the final year of my thirties – the end of my 4th decade . With less than 365 days remaining, I’ve been wondering how best to celebrate. Parties? Amazing adventures? Crazy stunts? Shenanigans? Scotch? Pie?
Yes. All of that. Definitely all of that.
Anyway, to keep myself organized and on track I’ve decided a list was in order. So, for your reading pleasure, I present to you in no particular order my list of 40 things I want to do during this my 40th year on earth.
- Go on an epic Christmas adventure.
- Go on an epic 40th birthday travel adventure.
- Climb Mount Temple.
- Climb 4 new mountains with Rick.
- Swim in (at least one of) the Indian or Pacific oceans.
- Run 5km in less than 20 minutes.
- Run the equivalent of 40 5km runs in 40 days.
- Run at least 40 10km runs.
- Run at least 4 half marathons.
- Run at least 1 marathon.
- Host another scotch tasting night.
- Expand Farm To Fork beyond Guelph and Kitchener-Waterloo.
- Launch the Farm To Fork mobile application.
- Skydive again (or solo for the first time).
- Bungee jump.
- Host an epic 40th birthday bash at Baker Street Station.
- Buy a fancy new suit/outfit for hosting my epic 40th birthday bash.
- Raise money ($10000) for a charity or not-for-profit as part of my epic 40th birthday bash.
- Raise $40000 for charities or not-for-profits.
- Go to a shooting range.
- Go Zorbing.
- Try 40 scotches I’ve never tried before.
- Try 40 beers I’ve never tried before.
- Try 40 wines I’ve never tried before.
- Try 40 foods I’ve never tried before.
- Eat 40 pies. Mmmm, pie.
- Publish at least 100 posts on ConsumedByWanderlust.
- Publish at least 40 posts on my Ass. Prof. blog.
- Publish at least 40 posts on the Farm To Fork blog.
- Instagram 40 things that make me smile.
- Self-host this blog and my professional blog.
- Visit at least one of Boston, San Francisco, Portland, or Seattle.
- Visit four new cities.
- Visit four new countries.
- Have dinner with 4 friends I haven’t seen in ages.
- Read 40 novels.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride.
- Go rappelling again.
- Finish repairs/upgrades to the main floor of the condo.
- Finish repairs/upgrades to the top floor of the condo.