So the big adventure begins in a few days. I’ve just finished submitting all of the grades for CIS3750, CIS4900, and CIS4910. I have only the grades for MATH4600 to complete, and a few other academic loose-ends to tie up before I go.
If I told you I was excited – so excited that I can hardly sit still or concentrate on the remaining things on my to do list – I would be understating my excitement on a level that I can’t even begin to describe. But I have to remain calm. Or at least try to. I still have a bunch of things to organize before I take off on Tuesday. Things like setting up the house-sitter with keys and instructions that will mainly consist of scratch Elliot’s belly, and scratch Elliot behind the ears, and most importantly, spend at least eleventy-billion hours a day snuggling with Elliot. Because Elliot is just that demanding.
Since I’m having a difficult time concentrating on anything but Everest, I decided I would spend some time perusing the itinerary for the trip (which I’ve summarized below for your reading pleasure). Why I thought this would help I have no idea. I’m even more distracted than I was before. This trip is going to be amaze-balls with a side order of kick-ass awesome.
- Dec 16: Depart Toronto for Kathmandu, via the USA and Qatar.
- Dec 17: Arrive Kathmandu, stay at Hotel Holy Himalaya
- Dec 18: Wander Kathmandu
- Dec 19: Fly to Lukla (which has the most dangerous airport in the world) and hike to Phakding (2610m)
- Dec 20: Hike to Namche Bazaar (3445m)
- Dec 21: Acclimate at Namche Bazaar
- Dec 22: Trek to Tengboche (3860m)
- Dec 23: Continue on to Dingboche (4360m)
- Dec 24: Acclimate at Dingboche
- Day 25: Hike to Lobuche (4930m)
- Dec 26: Trek to Gorakshep (5160m) and then to base camp (5361m) and back
- Dec 27: Trek to Kalapathar (5545m) and back to Pheriche (4280m)
- Dec 28: Return to Namche Bazaar
- Dec 29: Return to Lukla
- Dec 30: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Dec 31: Wander Kathmandu
- Jan 1: More exploration of Kathmandu
- Jan 2: Even more exploration of Kathmandu
- Jan 3: Head home
- Jan 4: Arrive in Toronto