The following is a collection of quotes that I find particularly inspiring, thought-provoking, hilarious, etc.
They are here to keep me motivated, to remind me to stop and smell the roses, to kick my ass when I need a good kick.
They are here to remind me that the world is an amazing place, and even when things don’t seem like they are going to plan there are things to smile about.
More than anything, they are here to keep me in the frame of mind that I need to be in; to remind me why I might be doing something, to help me push my boundaries.
They are presented in no particular order.
- I bet some of you feel sorry for me. Well don’t. Having an artificial leg has its advantages. I’ve broken my right knee many times and it doesn’t hurt a bit. – Terry Fox
- My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. – Jack Layton
- We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it’s another to think that yours is the only path. – Paulo Coelho
- The world, indeed the whole universe, is a beautiful, astonishing, wondrous place. There is always more to find out. – Derek K. Miller
- It turns out that no one can imagine what’s really coming in our lives. We can plan, and do what we enjoy, but we can’t expect our plans to work out. Some of them might, while most probably won’t. Inventions and ideas will appear, and events will occur, that we could never foresee. That’s neither bad nor good, but it is real. – Derek K. Miller
- Of all the things I am not very good at, living in the real world is perhaps the most outstanding – Bill Bryson
- There’s no sense in being precise when you don’t even know what you’re talking about. – John von Neumann
- There is no such thing on earth as an uninteresting subject; the only thing that can exist is an uninterested person. – G.K. Chesterton
- People are just bastard covered bastards with bastard filling. – Dr. Cox, Scrubs
- I propose we leave math to the machines and go play outside. – Calvin & Hobbes
- Where are you? I hear sunshine. – Tina Fey
- I love it when your lies make me tingly. – Aqleema Anwar
- Because you, my dear, are a big slice of kick ass. – The Wino
- I asked the doctor if I could get some methadone and he said he “wasn’t that kind of a doctor”. I don’t what he meant by “that kind of a doctor” but I’m assuming he meant “helpful”. – The Bloggess