In case you hadn’t already heard, the fundraising campaign for The Kidney Foundation of Canada ended today. The total raised: $6762. Since Banff Lake Louise Tourism is matching the first $5000 raised, that brings our official total to $11762. And of course, once Rick and I climb Cascade Mountain, Sulphur Mountain, and Mount Temple, Banff Lake Louise Tourism will hand over another cheque for The Kidney Foundation to the tune of $15000. All together, that’s $267621. And we couldn’t have done that without you.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Of course Rick and I still have to climb those three mountains, but that’s the easy part, right?
For those curious our schedule is as follows:
- August 27 – Fly to Calgary via WestJet, take shuttle to Banff, check into the Fairmont Chateau Banff Springs hotel.
- August 28 – climb to Cascade Mountain summit (10-12 hours).
- August 29 – enjoy spa day number 1.
- August 30 – check out of Fairmont Chateau Banff Springs hotel, check into the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise hotel, complete the Lake Louise Shoreline Stroll.
- August 31 – climb to Mount Temple summit (10-12 hours)
- September 1 – hike to the Plain of Six Glaciers Tea House for lunch.
- September 2 – check out of the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise hotel, check into the Fairmont Chateau Banff Springs hotel, enjoy spa day number 2.
- September 3 – hike to Sulphur Mountain summit (1.5 hours), followed by press event.
- September 4 – check out of the Fairmont Chateau Banff Springs hotel and head home to Guelph via WestJet.
Honestly, I can’t wait. It’s going to be a very busy 9 days, but it’s also going to be completely amazing. I’m stoked that we get to hike 3 different mountains, I’m stoked that we get to stay at two luxury hotels2, I’m stoked that we have extra hikes that I didn’t know about, I’m stoked about the spa days3, and I’m stoked that I’ll get to do all of this right before the semester gets going.
But most of all, I’m stoked that we are able to do this and support such an awesome charity.
1 Want to know more about the $26762? Check out this post on my prof-blog.
2 Which are both beautiful.
- Banff National Park’s $25,000 Big Mountain Challenge Winner Passes Torch to Runner-Up (prnewswire.com)
- I Can’t Freaking Wait (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- 26762 Reasons To Smile (danielgillis.wordpress.com)
- Last Call (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Unfreaking Believable (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Five Thousand Loonies (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)
- When One Equals Two (danielgillis.wordpress.com)
- A Big Mountain Challenge Is Calling My Name (consumedbywanderlust.wordpress.com)